|Portfolio Manager/Sub-Investment Adviser:||TBCAM Core Research Team|
|Inception Date||September 30, 2008|
|Total Assets (000s)||Class A (as of 02/12/16): $508,540
Portfolio (as of 02/12/16): $1,588,995
|Minimum Initial Investment||$1,000|
|Minimum Subsequent Investment||$100|
|Dividend Schedule||Declared Annually,
|Fiscal Year End||Feb 28|
|Fund Status||Open to new investors.|
Average Annual Total Returnsas of 12/31/15
|1 YR||3 YR||5 YR||10 YR||Since
|with Sales Charge Max Sales Charge: 5.75% Front-End|
|Russell 1000(r) Growth Index 3|
The performance data quoted represents past performance, which is no guarantee of future results. Share price and investment return fluctuate and an investor's shares may be worth more or less than original cost upon redemption. Current performance may be lower or higher than the performance quoted. Please use the pulldown menu above to view month-end performance.
Morningstar Rating 4
Morningstar Overall Rating™ for Class A shares among 1546 funds in the Large Growth category as of 01/31/16. Ratings reflect risk-adjusted performance, and are derived from a weighted average of the fund's 3-, 5-, and 10-year (as applicable) ratings.
As of 01/31/16 the fund received 3 and 3 stars for the 3- and 5-year periods out of 1546 and 1325 funds in the category. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
Other share classes may have different ratings.
as of 02/12/16
|12 Month High
|12 Month Low
Prospectus Fee Table Expense Ratios
|Net Expenses||1.13% 5|
Dreyfus Investment Style 6
The fund seeks long-term capital growth consistent with the preservation of capital. View the Strategy & Risks section for this fund for more information.
Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the fund carefully before investing. Download a prospectus, or a summary prospectus, if available, that contains this and other information about the fund, and read it carefully before investing.
Notes & Disclosures
- For share classes offered after the fund's inception date, the total returns quoted reflect the performance of the fund's initial share class(es), adjusted to reflect applicable non-recurring sales charges. Performance for these share classes has not been adjusted to reflect any class-specific distribution or servicing fees or any differences in operating expenses. Had such fees and expenses been reflected, returns for these share class returns during such periods would have been lower.
- Performance is historical and not indicative of future results. Investment return and principal value will fluctuate and an investor will receive more or less than the original cost upon redemption. Investors should consider, when deciding whether to purchase a particular class of shares, the investment amount, anticipated holding period and other relevant factors, and should read the prospectus carefully.
- Source: Morningstar, Inc. All rights reserved. Reflects reinvestment of dividends and, where applicable, capital gains distributions. The Russell 1000 Growth Index is an unmanaged index which measures the performance of the Russell 1000 companies with higher price-to-book ratios and higher forecasted growth values.
- The Ratings formula measures the amount of variation in a fund's performance and gives more emphasis to downward variations. The top 10% of the funds in the category receive five stars; the next 22.5% four stars; the next 35% three stars; the next 22.5% two stars; and the last 10% one star. Ratings reflect sales loads.The fund represents a single portfolio with multiple share classes that have different expense structures.
- The Dreyfus Corporation has contractually agreed, until July 1, 2016, to waive receipt of its fees and/or assume the direct expenses of the fund so that the expenses of its Class A, C, I, Y & Z shares (excluding Rule 12b-1 fees, shareholder services fees, taxes, interest, brokerage commissions, commitment fees on borrowings and extraordinary expenses) do not exceed 0.88%, 0.88%, 0.88%, 0.80% and 0.88%, respectively.
- The "Dreyfus Investment Style Classification" graphically depicts the fund's investment strategy as described in its Prospectus. The horizontal and vertical axes describe the fund's investment style and market capitalization range for stocks in the fund's portfolio, respectively. It is designed to support asset allocation decisions and not to depict actual fund holdings at a point in time.